Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back Home Again

Well, I'm glad to be done with that training. It has normal Army training - lack of sleep, some cool things made not as fun (except the Helicopter ride). I did some really good things there, but also some not so good things. Well, one not good thing anyways. I had to take the pt test twice before passing, which is not good. But I did do perfectly on the land nav, and shot better then I ever have - 35 out of 40. It doesn't quite classify as an expert, but it was only one away. So it is the highest sharpshooter score you can get. I've never shot above a 27 before that. There were some other things that we did, like repelling, a few obstacle courses, and other such things. We did have a ten day period in which we got around 3-5 hours of sleep a night while camping. The 5 was if you were extremely lucky, none of it was continuous sleep. That was interesting sleep. Now I just have to get back into the swing of things for work as well as get ready for school. There is a lot to do there. So I'm back to get ready for a more hectic life. One step closer to getting on with my life after school. ( I would really rather that be now, but I guess I must have patience.)

Mallory starts preschool in two weeks as well as Kathy starting a new semester at UVU. She has finally picked her major and is working hard towards it. Her degree of choice is a BA in History emphasis in Public History which is more U.S. History than World History. Sadie is walking or should I say running everywhere and is a very happy toddler.

We are still trying to buy a house but with me being gone for 5 weeks and missing pay our savings has gone down so we are working on building it up again. We are hoping to be able to buy a house in January if not sooner.

(Written by both John and Kathy)

2 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Good to hear from you again, John. Good luck with the house hunting. Glad you survived your training. Aunt Lynda

Lynda/Mom said...

Good to hear from you again, John. Good luck with the house hunting. Glad you survived your training. Aunt Lynda