Sunday, August 31, 2008

Amazement

Last night Mallory told us that she wanted to sleep in her little bed (toddler bed). Since we already had it in storage the idea didn't really appeal to us. Then she mentioned that she would sleep the whole night in her bed and not get out to climb in bed with us. That did it, we were sold. John had the bed put together in about 10 minutes and Mallory was so excited to go to bed. She fell asleep quickly and we were really happy about that. Mallory woke up once but didn't climb into bed with us so we count that as a plus. This morning when we walked past her room she had made her bed by herself. She even wanted to help make our bed look "all nice." I only wish this keeps up. Sometimes I wonder where this kid gets this stuff.

5 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a real win win situation. I too hope she can keep it up.

Christine said...

Isn't it funny how it has to be her idea. Hope you can have your bed back permanently

Laura Stringham said...

Oh man, that's awesome! Sometimes you have to let kids do what they want, I guess.

Lynda/Mom said...

What a wonderful treat. I love it when something really nice unexpectedly happens. Congratulations. Aunt Lynda

Jillian said...

Man, I was eight before I cared about what kind of bed I had. Way to go on getting that one to work early!