Monday, September 22, 2008

People say what they want

I was at the pediatrician's office with Mallory and Sadie for check ups. I was telling the Dr. that I was expecting and when my due date was so I can make sure he is around for the baby after the birth. I was just about to tell him my due date when he looks at my belly and says " you must be far enough along to know what you are having. So is it a boy or a girl?" It took all my energy to not slap him! I know I am bigger but come on...that was just plain stupid. I have learned to never assume, always ask how far along are you or when are you due. Later that day an innocent person (well for a moment anyway) walked up to me and ask what I was having too. That was the last straw. I have decided to stay in my house and not leave until I am having the baby or I am far enough along that I can tell them what I am having instead of saying " I don't know I am only 6 weeks pregnant." Do people think before they open their mouth?

3 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

They DO NOT! People were always asking me if I was pregnant for years after John was born - once hewasn't an infant. It was a bit satisfying to see their chagrin when I said I wasn't pregnant. I may even have added a few times, "just fat."

LyndiLou said...

I think that should be a lesson they teach in Kindergarten... DON'T ask someone if they are pregnant!!! WAIT for them to give you info about it... if they want to share they will. I can't believe people. I'm sorry they made you feel that way... I hope you'll still leave your house enough to come and visit me! ;)

Jocelyn Robertson said...

I had a kid at work tell me I have a Santa belly. At least he has an excuse being a second grader in a special day class. He has a goal to work on social use of language.